Fully Modded Origin Live OL1 or Stock Rega RB-600?

Wondering if the OL1 with structural mod, full external and internal re-wire and upgraded RCA's would be better than a stock RB-600. This is not the Origin Live Silver; it's basically a heavily modded RB-250. Will have a Dynavector 20xL mounted on either arm on a P-25.

It's counterintuitive to me to go backwards in the Rega line and gain an improvement, especially going from a $700msrp arm to a $575msrp arm, but who knows. OL says the OL1 will outperform a RB900 but, of course, they're trying to sell tonearms!

I can get a great deal on the OL1 ($375 - normally $575) but I don't want to waste the money if it's not going to be a significant improvement over the stock RB-600.
slate1
I shouldn't say this since I'm trying to sell a silver wired 300, but the OL250 is a better tonearm in my system. I too use the HiFi Mod, and Paul's VTF tweak.

I have tested both arms on the same table with the same cartridge in the same system. While the silver wiring in the 300 really does improve the arm, I like the OL better. It has more weight and definition, especially with the cheap and effective mods.

Go for the OL1, you won't regret it for $375.

Joe
I agree that due to various aspects of the design of the 250, it can be a better arm(when modded) than the 300, 600, 900 arms.

Some of the "tweaks" often used for the 300/600/900 arms are trying to restore them to as much like the 250 as they can get. Such as removing the spring, and going to dynamic balancing.

I'd vote for the modded 250.
I haven't compared them, but 375 the OL is good. From a value standpoint alone I'd say don't hesitate to go that way.
The VTF spring in the rb300/600/900 can be defeated by turning it all the way past 3. Or, the spring can be removed and only dynamic balancing is then available. So, that is a non issue when compared to the rb250. I have a rb300 wired with Audio Note pure silver wire (seamless from cartridge clips to RCA termination) and a Michell Technoweight; it has worked very, very well. Very easy to set up and it stays set up (unlike funky unipivot arms like I also have and like the sound but hate to handle).

A seamless run of wire is better than wire using a DIN termination at the base of the tonearm.
Take a look at the recent 6moons review:

OL Silver review

Looked very interesting, in particular since the reviewer and other listeners (Terry Cain etc.) thought that the OL1 sounded better in some systems than the Origin Live Silver.

Did anyone here have a chance to compare the two OL arms? Care to comment on the review?

Rene