Any Mark Knopfler Fans Out There?

The new album "Privateering" is out and excellent! Knopfler has been a favorite of mine since the Dire Straits days, and his voice seems to get more character as the years pass by. As always, the guitar work is impeccable, as is the recording quality. A double CD makes it a steal!
bama214
I am a huge Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits fan. I saw him in concert at Red Rocks a couple of summers ago and he was GREAT! I am sorry, but my take on the new "Privateering" is the exact opposite.

This album seems rushed, he seems like he really isn't having a very good time playing and is just bored.

This LP almost has the feel of "I need to do one more album for the label because I'm still under contract".

His playing is okay, but his songwriting is not up to his normal level.

I've listened to this double CD three times through, thinking, (actually hoping) I missed something. Now I really have no interest in hearing it, probably ever again.

Again, sorry, but this one FOR ME, is a real stinker.
I gotta go thumbs down of this one as well. I get the feeling that MK was pushed to make a 2 disc release and just didn't have the depth to do so. There are a few good tracks and had he picked the best of the two discs and released a single disc. The disappointment would probably not be the same or possibly not exist as disappointment at all. I invested in the 3 disc set that has a 3rd disc with 5 songs that were "extras". As Mofimadness indicated, I too may find it very rare if anytime grab this selection to play again. Not when I have to reach over Shangrila, Philadelphia or a classic like Communique. But for some it may become a favorite. I hope for MK's sake it does and that is just a handfull like me, that find that the listening results in disappointment.
I'm really enjoying 'privateering' after a couple listens. At 1st it didn't do much. Nice system Bama- I used to have a X250 paired w/ML SL3's years ago.
I have been a fan for years. But honestly, his last few releases have been snoozers. Any reason to think this isn't more of the same?

Shakey