Spindle oil

What oil are people using to lubricate their spindle bearing?
scottht
I use Redline D4 which is an ATF designed for transmission use...manual transmissions that is. It is capable of providing metal protection , friction reduction, and able to operate in a moist environment. This oil is overkill, but cheaper than a bearing. It is light, about equal to a 30w engine oil. It is a synthetic and I change it every year or two. Cost is about 9.00 per qt. All you need is a few drops. It is also recommended for BMW manual transmissions where the engine is putting out 250-300bhp. This should be good enough for a turntable spindle. The problem I have with grease only or a 80/90 gear oil is that I want oil to be between the metal surfaces and if it is too thick it wont be where it should be. Jallen
slappy where do you purchase or obtain this "snake oil" I'm always seeing it referred to around here but nobody explains where to buy it? maybe there is a huge read insanely profitable market for this special magical substance?
I used to use the sewing machine oil. Now I use a teflon "oil" for bicycle components. It's as fine as the sewing machine oil and seems to last forever.
As Rives audio pointed out, the best thin oil money can buy is from bicycle source. Tri-flow, Superlube, and others are the best thin oil money can buy. If you need grease, white lithium grease from bicycle store is also the best source.

If you need in betwee, any synthetic motor oil should do a fine job.
SAE 80W90 is recommended by Rega. It's available at the hardware store (gear lubricant at ACE) 2 drops into the spindle. First, clean spindle and bearing with alcohol and dry with soft cotton rag.