Spindle oil

What oil are people using to lubricate their spindle bearing?
scottht
Along with about a half dozen other projects i have going right now, i'm in the process of slowly setting up two different tables. While they don't mention the suitability of this product for use in turntable's, i'm probably going to try using TufOil in one of them. Since it is the most slippery substance known to man, i can't see anything doing a better job of lubricating the bearing / reducing drag on the motor. Sean
>
I had a Rega P3 for 17 years and never lubricated it with anything and never had a problem or never became aware of something different; I have had my P9 for 2 or so years, how do you know they need re-lubrication?
I use sewing machine oil. It is available at,
well, a sewing machine store. There is natural and
man-made stuff. I use the man-made stuff.

TJ
I use Redline D4 which is an ATF designed for transmission use...manual transmissions that is. It is capable of providing metal protection , friction reduction, and able to operate in a moist environment. This oil is overkill, but cheaper than a bearing. It is light, about equal to a 30w engine oil. It is a synthetic and I change it every year or two. Cost is about 9.00 per qt. All you need is a few drops. It is also recommended for BMW manual transmissions where the engine is putting out 250-300bhp. This should be good enough for a turntable spindle. The problem I have with grease only or a 80/90 gear oil is that I want oil to be between the metal surfaces and if it is too thick it wont be where it should be. Jallen