Speaker Cable directionality: reversable??

I bought a demo pair of XLO ultra 6 cables which have directional arrows on the ends of them. The specifics of my equipment requires that I would either have to re-terminate them (to take the spades off the amp end) or else hook them up in reverse of the labelled arrows.
Is there any reason why the cable direction matters, or would reversing them just mean I would have to "break-in" the cables again.
Please help me out; I don't want to undermine the quality I paid good money for!

Much thanks for any advice!!
oleander
Put on Beatles record. If you hear 'Paul is dead', your wires are reversed.:)

what is the theory about which way the wire was drawn anyway, does the wire become like a diode?

steve
I hope the same amount of power (w = v x a) travels both ways. Phase has nothing to do with power flow. It is simply an orientation to keep both speakers going the same direction or the power flow in the left is moving the same direction with the speaker in the right. I use Tara labs that use separate wires (completely, no common jacket-8 wires for biwiring)) for pos and neg. Both of them have arrows on them. Which one would go where because the power is not going the same direction down both wires and any given time. I personally think on speaker cables that this is a bunch of crap. I will continue to speak out against this until someone can prove how it will make a difference on AC.
Oleander: Just turn your wires around and don't worry about the arrows. It won't make a whit of difference. (It can't: The signal flows in both directions.)
Oleander .. sorry for the misunderstanding ... you can get banana-spade adaptors, as other posters said.
You seem to have replied without reading my post .. if you hook them up the wrong way around won't you always be a bit curious as to whether it would sound better the "correct" way ? Won't you end up switching them around eventually, just to see(hear)? I think you will since you started this thread, so it shows that you're concerned about it, and I doubt advice on this thread will completely put your mind to ease.
So my advise was to put them the right way around now, whatever it takes, or else it will just play on your mind that "perhaps the sound could be better".

I don't think it will make any difference, but does my opinion really convince you to the point where you don't need to try it for yourself ?
Twl .. phasing of speakers is done so that the cones don't move in opposition, causing cancellation. How can wire possibly have a similar effect ?
Bob .. your answer is interesting, but I have yet to hear any difference for myself, so perhaps, even though the crystal structure of the wire might not be completely even due to the drawing process it's probably a third or fourth order effect (after inductance, capacitance, resistance etc etc) and so not really worth worrying about.