Help me spend $1,500 on cables

If you look up my virtual system you'll see that I have a mixmatch of cables. I've read in several places that the synergy between cables from the same manufacturer can bring a system up another notch or two. I'd like to give this a try and see if it helps in my system. I could use a little help.

As much as I like the Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker wires I have, I don't think I could afford an entire system of AZ (power, IC and speaker cable). So I'd like to get some opinions on a good brand that I could try with my system. I'd like to spend no more than $1,500, new or used for the following cables:

3-4 one meter Power Cords
4 one meter Interconnects
1 pair Speaker Cables - 8ft

Thanks for your help!

Steve
smccull
Anyone helping anyone else spend $1,500 on cables should be charged with something. I don't know what, but something. I would recommend spending it on records.
I agree with Pbb, records because of their aerodynamic shape when thrown will fly much further than cables.

How did you decide on $1500? Is your gear the same as listed in your virtual system? What kind of music do you listen to? What are your sonic objectives?
For power cords, you can start with Chris's flavor 1 and 2 cords. They're great and within your budget( You can make your own and it takes 1 hour to make each cord $35 per cable for the material.) Next on the interconnects. Depends on what component you have, this will vary by what type of equipment you own. This will cost you average about $250 a pair.
As for the speaker cables, $300 is the most you should ever spend.

Sure you can spend them on records, if your system still sound horrible then you'll probably choose not to listen to it at all.

The LPs or CDs are your source of music. The equipments are your source of musical representation or distortion ( depends on how you match your system.) What's more critical to you? You decide.
Sounds like a reasonable budget for all of the cables that you list here.