Best Tubes For Cal Alpha DAC

I'm looking to replace the tubes in my Cal Alpha DAC. Any suggestions?
thanks for your time
GX
gregx
I tried the Mullard and another tube from Kevin. I prefer the Sovtek's mentioned above. Then again, there is QUITE a bit of personal preference and system synergy to take into account here, so obviously opinions will vary. Sean
>
The Mullard is the fav...but it's all synergy. We have retubed a lot of those. The Mullard was the fav...then there was a burst of Brimar buyers....but some folks felt the brimar were too dark...so the pendulum swung back to Mullard.

If you want more sparkle, try the GE long plate...cheap and a very well made tube. Creamy and fat? Try the early 1961 vintage Sylvania (which sound nothing like the later Sylvania). Both are about $20.

PS - my recommendations are based on feedback...I don't sell cal Audio...I do know that people had called there years ago and the Mullard is what the factory was sending them to us for.
1963 GE Large plates are amazing! What a difference in soundstage. Everyone recommends the Mullards, but the GE's are 1/2 the price, and are quite an upgrade over stock.