Would you cancel 3,250 deal cause 16 short?

Made a deal with a guy in Germany to buy his cable for $3,250 including shipping, but because the money arrived to his account short by $16 (international wire transfer) he got upset and paid $50 to return my money back? ?? I couldn't believe it!!! even though I told him that I will send you $50 to cover any charges and even help with shipping. Granted, my bank screwed up making the wire transfer the first time around but the money got there eventually, the whole thing took two weeks. My bank charged me $40. The bad thing is I sold my cable knowing that I already bought a new one. I am so pissed, Was I at fault here? Did it happen with any of you before?
myoussif
I work hard for my money as all of you do, but getting all pissy over 16 bucks is infantile. If I had been the seller, I would have shipped the cables with a note explaining that I was shorted $16 and would the buyer, as a gentleman, be willing to send the additional money. If the buyer sent the $16, I would have felt very fortunate to have done business with such an honorable person. If not, such is life. Myoussif, I would be happy to trade with you. I'm certain that it wasn't your intention to short change the seller.
I wonder if the seller was looking for an excuse to back out of the deal? Spending $50 to return funds that were short by $16.00, sounds like a better deal was offered to the seller. The only other explanation that would make some sense is, the seller's "elevator doesn't quite reach the top floor!"
I'm with Rosstaman. I don't think we know the whole story. You don't break a deal for .005%. He had a better-nearer deal.

Sincerely
I remain,
Rosstaman is probably right. The other possible explanation is that there are more horses asses in this world than there are horses.