bi wire or not to bi wire

I only have 1 set of biwire cables and 1 set of non bi wire cables so I cant do extensive listening tests. But to o my ears my Usher speakers loose of bit of bass when I bi wire, but thats about it. What are the other potential advantages or disadvantages to bi wiring? Thanks.
tbromgard
Try one set of bi wires on one speaker and a set of single wires on the other in mono stereo and use the balance switch to hear if there is enough difference or any. Kr4, if this is a waste of YOUR space please move on if you have nothing to contribute. People that are interested have a right to learn.
Bi-wired in most cases shows some improvement but a single wire with a good jumper can also be of equal benefit. But there are so many variables ( type of wire , speakers , amp etc ) that you really must listen for yourself and decide .
Most of the improvements and benefits I've experienced has been with what Tmsorosk said. Single wire with good quality jumpers. The jumpers I've used have ranged from Blue Jeans 10 White speaker wire to Black Cat Morpheus jumpers.

To Tbromgard. Are the bi-wire cables you used with the Usher's a thinner gauge than the non bi-wire cables you used? Maybe the thinner sized wire on the lows is the problem?

From checking the archives previously there have been some members who have used thicker gauge speaker wire on the bass and thinner wire on the highs. I've also read people using different kind of cables entirely. E.g. Thicker OCC copper cables for the lows and Silver type speaker wire for the highs.

Good luck with the trouble shooting.