Phonostage question ...

Now that I have made my decision on a new analog set-up, (Avid Volvare, Tri-Planar arm, Helicon cart), to replace my Nottingham Interspace w/Dynavector Karat, I was thinking wheather I should consider upgrading my Rogue Stealth phonostage.

I've got a Rogue amp/pre and the synergy works well with the Stealth and Interspace. I've yet to try it with the new stuff (which is coming). I don't have an opportunity to audition phonostages.

Now that I've entered a higher level, what should I think of phonostage wise? Is the reward worth the $$$? Should I stick with the Rogue? Thanks for any ideas.
richardmr
I have personally owned the rogue audio magnum preamp, although it is a very interesting pre. there is no doubt in my mind you can find a phono section you like better. I have compared it to ARC ref 2 mark 2 and I purchased the ARC. The ARC was much more dynamic and rich there was really little comparison. Although I do not think the arc had a phono section in it. This leads to the next pre with phono section. Atma-sphere mp1, I purchased this on AG simply because I had a atma-sphere amp., and wanted to try the combination. This is the combination that just seemed sing, It is very musical and really brought a level of enjoyment I did not experience before. The MP 1 pre, has a phono section in it and I hope it is as satisfying as the line stage. (I am putting together a TT over the next month or so) Componets I would look at are: Tom Evans the groove(phono section), Manley steal head pre/phono, Atma-sphere mp 1. (I am presently gathering phono equipt to set up a tt), the members of AG have been very helpful with information. Good luck with your system.
You may want to check out the Hagerman Trumpet phono with S&B transformer. The combination will run around $2800 and comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. This way you could do a direct comparison with the Rogue and return the Hagerman if it does not suit you. Once you have heard the Trumpet though it is unlikely that you would want to return it.
I would concur with those that suggested hear your new system first and listen to it for a while. It will permit you to have a better idea of what you have. Having said that you will likely then want to hear better stages but at least you will have a starting point to compare with. There are a multitude of very good stages out there.
I have just gone through this exercise and the difference was enormous.
Thanks for the help. I will stick with my present phonostage for a while and hear what's what. I've already started reading up on all your suggestions. Thanks again.