DVD player with excellent CD quality

I am looking for a DVD player which has excellent CD playback quality. I was going to purchase Marantz DV-18, but I've heard they skip lots of CDs. Any other suggestions? What about Sony 7700? Thanks
topp
Like Carl, I also have the Panasonic A-310 that sounds pretty good even up against my Linn player. The A-310 does have a bad quality control record though. Luckily, no problems for me yet.
Sony 7000: bought it as a DVD player and junked the CD player when I discovered that the sound quality of the 7000 was much better. The 7000 received many components and design elements of the top of the line Sony CD players at the time and I hear this is not the case with any of the new Sony DVD players. Buy one used for $400/500 and you get a cheap CD player with the DVD thrown in for free!
Anybody out there own a Proceed MDT? Any feedback about this product? thanks
I have owned the Panasonic A-310, the Denon DVD-3000, the Sony DVP-7700 and now own the Pioneer DV-05. Of these the Pioneer definitely sounds the best, but it still nothing to rave about. I have a friend with the DCS set up with the Theta transport and the Pioneer DV-05. If I can A-B them this week I will give you all a report... Pioneer DV-09