CONNECTING POWERCORD TO DVD PLAYER

is there a way to connect a after market powercord to dvd players that have the small iec connecters or does anyone make adapters and if so is it a benefit ,I ask because I would like to add a black mamba to my denon 3000chuck
chucky
kacz I dont think you understand what I am saying . I just want to take out the cord that the unit comes with and change it for an after market powercord but the denon has the small iec in back of the unit that does not let you plug an aftermaket cord that is why Iam asking if there is an adapter. If anyone has done this please let me know if it improves the sound.
Chucky, I don`t think he knew what you were asking, anyway it was nice to talk to you on the phone, keep in touch and let me know how it went. Greg
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about power cords. I will simplify it, and no doubt someone will pick me up as a result, but here goes. The crappy TPC in your wall, and the crappy stuff going way back to your power company has one big benefit - it has low resistance. The downside is that it picks up and even generates noise, some of which gets through into the music signal. A short length of good power cord between the wall and your components is a good thing because, many basic cords become a resistive/reactive bottleneck, and because a good cord will be designed to provide a judicious degree of conditioning - hence getting rid of a lot of the noise. Both of these concepts make a nonsense of the protests that a short piece of power cord cannot be relevant in the context of miles of crappy TPC back to the power company. The conditioning effect of a power cord can be much more successful than a power conditioner for a variety of reasons that space does not allow me to outline. Suffice to say, while a conditioner can do the conditioning job, it unfortunately introduces problems in and of itself. Furthermore, power cords sound different from each other even without a ground. Apart from suggesting you listen, you might also consider that conditioners also operate between phase and neutral. Adding an IEC adaptor (as is being suggested above) increases the connections after the expensive power cable, thereby letting back in more of what you tried to remove with the expensive cord. It does not defeat the beneficial effects of a good power cord, but you will get better results by putting in the large IEC receptacle - but you must weigh this up with warranty/resale issues for yourself.
I still get the feeling you guys don`t understand what he wants to do, whats the difference from solderig a iec connecter. or buying one that is already made, at least he can resell the unit and keep the adapter for another player. I`ve had one on my old Mag player that work great, I wished that would have kept it. He will get all the benefits from adding a power cord to his DVD player as he would from any other device, whether he uses a solder iec or an adapter, it won`t make any difference at all . GREG
The connector is a very viable way to go as you suggest Greg. But in the same position I would also consider replacing the IEC receptacle. Unless I am mistaken, the adaptor will involve an extra push-on connection between the cord and the DVD player's transformer. Such connections attract noise. I have not heard the effect of such an adaptor and so cannot comment on whether the effect is audible, or to what extent. But I agree the effect will be very small compared with the improvement gained by using a good power cable. Chucky, if you do not feel comfortable in any way with installing the larger IEC receptacle, then I reckon you should go ahead with the adaptor as Greg suggests.