Lovan audio racks....and other racks.....

Hi group,
I'm shopping around for a quality audio rack; Steve Blinn caught my eye and I'm leaning toward one of his cheaper racks....but before I plunk down a few thousand, are there good, less-expensive options? I saw Lovan and would like your thoughts on their products.....; if anyone has thoughts on quality racks that don't cost a fortune, I'm all ears......
Thanks,
Jeff
arcamguy
Symposium Isis is the best it may be more but its worth it in sound quality improvement.I did see one on Audiogon it went quick.
Timbernation has some great racks that might interest you.
http://www.timbernation.com/
I'm never parting with mine. :-)

All the best,
Nonoise
Lovan racks are not too bad, considering that they are modular and flexible. They are just "out of fad" now. I had used them in my system before, but they are now around the house doing other duties, because I got an unbelievable deal on these Solid Tech racks.

Good: Modular, stackable, cones under each module, cheap on the used market.
Bad: flimsy MDF shelf

If you are to use Lovan racks, here are a few things you should do:
1/ use glue gun and fill the gaps around each of the legs;
2/ fill each leg with sand about 1/2 full to start with;
3/ shop around your local granite kitchen countertop stores for cutout pieces. It pays to shop around, as you will be quoted anywhere from $20 to $200/piece.
4/ go to parts-express.com and purchase sheets of vibration dampening sheets, sandwich it between the granite (top) and the MDF shelf (bottom).
5/ use blutak or any other cheap ones from Walmart between MDF shelf and the metal frame.

And now you have a fairly decent rack.

Frank
The HRS SXR isolation rack is far and above better than any rack I've seen. This isn't a cheap rack but its milled better than anything out there. The company is Harmonic Resolution Systems. I don't own one but know someone who does and it's one serious piece of gear.
Post removed