Linn Ittok Arm Adjustments

I don't have the manual for this arm and need a few answers.Height adjustment{VTA} how do I perform this task?Also setting the antiskate?
thanks mike
hiendmmoe
Cpdunn, the knowledge of what cartridge likes what VTA setting is one of the "black arts" of the analog world. I only know some of them. It comes with alot of experience with different cartridges, over a long time. I haven't used any of the newest Goldrings, but the older models all liked a slightly positive VTA. It is likely that the new ones do also.

My consultation fee is that you enjoy your record collection as much as possible.
I might send an e-mail to John at Goldring and ask him about the VTA. He's been very helpful in other matters.

In another discussion forum, you recommended a Denon cartridge (I think the same one you use in your system) for this Ittock arm. Is my memory correct? As a factory-trained Linn guy, do you subscribe to the notion that Linn tables really sound best with Linn cartridges?

YES, I am thoroughly enjoying my record collection (except that most of my old LPs are in less than mint condition and maybe need a good cleaning).
I had an LP12/Ittok with both Asak and Karma cartridges for about 10 years. I really liked it. However, I would say that on my present TT, the Denon DL103R sounds as good, and probably better than the Karma. Pretty amazing, since the Karma was over $900, and the Denon cost me only $200! Of course, the Teres is a significantly better TT than my old Linn was, so there is some problem with a direct comparison. However, judging just the sound of the cartridges, I still think that the DL103R is at least a match for the Karma. It will work on an Ittok. It is a low output cartridge though, and you'll need suitable gain for its .27mv output. After you try one of these, you'll have a hard time justifying the cost of alot of high dollar cartridges. The R model is worth the extra money over the standard DL103.
Twl:

hmmm.... tempting to give the Denon a try. I am currently using an EAR phono stage which has suitable gain and will be trying out a Blue Circle in the next week or so.