Dedicated Line for my home theatre newbie

I see lots of threads but want to double check with all the folks on here for help with my idea to put a dedicated line in. So, I have a simple system that consists of a 55" Plasma, NAD Reciever, Denon DVD-2910 and Monster HTS-3600. The room is directly above the garage which is going to be finished off later this month. Before I get the insulation, drywall up I wanted to run a dedicated line from the main panel to my media room directly above. I was thinking of Romex 10/2 wire but the electrician is saying that is too big for my panel and he suggests 12/2. Does this sound right? Or is he just being lazy because it maybe harder to work with? Planning on using a PS Audio outlet that says it can accept either 12A or 15a. I might go ahead and grab a hubbell Hospital grade that folks here say are good bang for the money. Trying to keep costs down. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
hricikda
I was thinking of Romex 10/2 wire but the electrician is saying that is too big for my panel and he suggests 12/2. Does this sound right?

LOL, that's funny, LOL..... Too big for the panel.

I would have at least 2 dedicated branch circuit lines installed.

If the runs are short 12-2 with ground is fine.

Make sure the electrician installs the new dedicated branch circuits on the same leg, line, in the panel.
All on L1 or all on L2.

Regardless whether the electrician installs #10 or #12 wire he will still feed each of them from a single pole 20 amp breaker. 20 amp branch circuit.

I have two dedicated outlets for my 2 channel rig. I'm not sure about the cost/value for HT. in my HT, I did upgrade the cheap outlets to the best P & S I could buy locally. My HT goes through an APC H15 which also regulates the voltage. Have system similar to yours except for a couple of subs too.
I also installed 2 dedicated lines for my 2-channel. Go with the 10-gauge. Using a bigger section won't be hazzardous in any way. Your electrician might be thinking you are wasting money, or might be lazy, as you say.

I suggest you go ahead and get 2 dedicated lines. The labor to have 2 instead of 1 is not twice as much, and it is generally accepted that keeping digital and analog on different circuits is better. You don't want this itch in 6 months...then it will cost you more!