Corporate Interests out to KILL Analog FM

Michael Powell, FCC Chairman, is determined to make a few hands control what we hear. If you have any interest in true diversity of music (not 500 channels playing the same poll tested songs) and ability to hear diverse view points I encourage you to see, for example, http://www.digitaldisaster.org/ as well as search for IBOC using your favorite search engine like www.google.com . Nothing is more central to our hobby than how we become aware of new song writers and perfomers including the important vehicle called low production cost and, hence more options, Analog FM Radio.
nanderson
Make light of it if you will, but the fact is, it doesn't really matter who you vote for. The die is already cast. That's my point. Sorry you missed it. You may already be suffering from Stepford Citizen's Syndrome. I highly recommend following this link:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/02/09/05_stepford.html
Doug, now you're mixing "X Files" with the Bible. May not be too far off though : )

The thing that i find "funny" about conversations like this is that most people think that the person doing the talking is a "conspiracy nut" or they simply don't want to hear / talk about such things. The average citizen is oblivious to what is going on around them and that is how they like it. Much like the ostrich that hides their head in the ground, the average consumer spends hour upon hour diluting their viewpoint of reality by watching the mindless propaganda ( pronounced pro-pagan- DUH !!! ) on their "one eyed monster". While i have no pity for those that shall willingly enslave themselves to the powers that be, i pity those that will be caught up in the battle to do "right". Sean
>
Sean, you are obviously a very intelligent man. Here's my point: From the Bible to Egyptian hieroglyphics, human history is rife with references to extraterrestrials. When "Ezekiel Saw De Wheel," what do you suppose that big wheel up in the sky was? Was it really there at all, or had the poor old guy simply eaten the wrong kind of mushrooms? I think most people are afraid to consider the possibility that the accounts of many events recorded in the Bible have been convoluted over time. They've been brainwashed/browbeaten into thinking that if they question what's written in the Bible, they'll be punished -- if not now, then most certainly after they die. What could be a more perfect vehicle for making people "behave?" "Do what this book says or you'll most certainly be punished -- and by the most powerful force in the universe, I might add." Now THAT'S control! For those lacking the brainpower or imagination to actually THINK, here's a convenient little pre-packaged belief system that will explain everything so you don't have to worry about it. Just buy into all of this and everything will be just fine. I'm sure that by now, many who read this are already recoiling in horror, shaking their heads in disbelief at the depth of my blasphemy, or praying for my lost soul because I'm obviously an atheist. Nothing could be further from the truth. I certainly believe in a devine power. "The Force," if you will. My problem with the Bible is that too many HUMANS had their hand in it. For one thing, the meanings of words change over time. Scribes working long hours making copies by candlelight make mistakes. They take shortcuts to save time, abbreviating Grandeus Optimus Dei into "G. O. D.," then into the acronym "GOD." Finally, we drop all but the initial capital letter to make the proper name "God." It happens all the time. Everyone says "NASA." Everyone says "laser." Everyone says "Epcot." See? Only the first letter is now capitalized; it's a proper name. Worst of all, human beings, both well-intentioned and otherwise, have put the spin they want on Biblical text, so you'll be sure to get the point. Their point. Finally, we translate The Good Book into countless languages, compounding the errors. Don't get me wrong; I'm sure that I'm a better person for having been taken to Sunday school and church as a kid. But now that I'm an adult, I think for myself, and I think this Book has limitations.