No Dustcover for Turntable, What do You do?

Lots of newer TTs including the popular VPI Scout have no dustcover. I would like to continue using my Target wallshelf. Short of putting your TT in an enclosed cabinet, what do you use/do?
blkadr
WWW.elusivedisc.com lists a number of dustcovers for the VPI Aries series. There is a Scout Table Top ($200) version that fits over the whole thing and sits on the table -- presumably this may be inappropriate for your shelf location. There is a Scout Budget ($60) that looks like it cannot be used during play, as well as a couple of Aries versions which may be a tad large for a Scout.

I recently bought a VPI turntable, and I have an order in with a custom dustcover manufacturer named Vu. I believe he is an Audiogon member with member ID "vtvu." He has a good reputation. (I haven't seen his work, yet.)

My retailer suggested that I use a silk scarf to keep the dust off until my dustcover arrives. I actually don't have any extra silk scarves lying around, and my wife likes to keep hers in a drawer. Instead I am using a sheet of plastic that came as part of the packing material for my turntable. It was wrapped around the platter and is big enough to cover the whole table. With either the scarf or the plastic sheet, I feel compelled to put the stylus guard on my cartridge at the end of every session. I fear that the plastic may brush up against the stylus inadvertantly. I also fear that the stylus may experience an accidental impact if it is not physically protected. (I have two sons who sometimes launch projectiles around the house.) Naturally, I have to be very careful when dealing with the stylus guard to avoid lunching the stylus myself. Good luck.
http://www.tapplastics.com

Tell them the size you need, they will cut it and send it to you with acrylic glue and applicator. I got a 22" x 19" x 11" for my Michell Gyrodeck SE, total cost $80.

Jeez! Do not spend $200-$300 on TT covers! No matter how you look at it, they are.......plastics!
no heavy dust cover, simply use a piece of silk to cover the TT. make certain it doesn't rest on the wires looping over to arm otherwise it will eventually bend the wires
From time to time type over dust cover on the search box here and you'll get the gentleman from NJ that Jvogt mentions. Luckily if he's surfing forums he might throw you e-mail but he's usually packed with orders. BAT charges $500 for dustcover he only charges $150 so go figure... He does his job for covering tube amps and turntables. I bought from him dustcover for $140 and it looks stunning and covers the whole turntable not only arm and platter. You don't have to tell him size and the only thing he needs is a product that needs to be covered.
Check your yellow pages for a plexiglass or plastics. They'll build you one. I did this for my VPI TNT5 and it cost $70. Make sure you include 2-inch cut outs on the bottom for cables, etc.