opinions on Coincident vs. HT Pro9

Is anyone familiar with both of these? I was really almost sold on the HT due to the whole single crystal thing etc, but now I also keep hearing good things about the CST from people I respect. My system is CaryCD303, Cary sli80, Shearwaters. Also, does anybody know where I can try before I buy with both brands? thanks, J
jay_carlson
Hi Kublakhan, I have the Total Ref. speaker cable and the IC along with the Total Eclipse speakers. I am breaking in and will be comparing wire from 47 labs OTA kit. The new Total Ref. speaker cable is much better than the original Coincident speaker cable. It is around a $1100 for an 8ft pair. I also use the FIM Gold speaker cable. While the FIM costs 4 x that of the Total Ref. it holds it's own in comparison. These two cables are night and day in there sound. I wish I could combine the srengths of both. I am not sure you can do better than Coincident for the Money. The OTA kit may change my mind. If you are interested, I will let you know how the OTA performs against the Coincident TR. and the IC. Check out what Redkiwi, Dekay and Caterham1700 have to say about the OTA kit. Redkiwi also uses the Coincident IC or used to. I believe you live in So Cal. If you do not need to bi-wire and 8ft of cable is long enough, I could loan you the TR speaker cable for a week or two.
I wish you lived near me, in MI , I would love to have you comapare my JPS SC2 speaker cable with the Total Reference Series Speaker Cable.
Khan, I can't offer too much help. My experience is quite limited, due to location, I'm stranded on a tiny rock out in the South Atlantic with no audio salons nearby, I'm lucky to find decent beer, let alone cables. I was replacing an inferior cable, the old silver sonic T-14. But I also have on loan a set of Monster Sigma's, (~$2,000), and I like the Coincidents better, the Sigma's were too bright for me. I can only say that the power cords and the speaker wire seem to be a great value. They'll be staying in my system for a looooooong time, probably until I find a used set of the Total Reference for a good price here on Agon. You can't go wrong. I have yet to hear one person complain about the CST stuff. My interconnects are HT Pro silway II, which sound fine to me.
brulee that is an amazing and generous offer you made! unfortuntately 8 feet wouldn't be enough for me. i could move my gear but i think i'm going to upgrade my powercords and interconnects first anyway. but again, thank you for the offer. this is what i love about audiogon. where are you in so. cal?
and thanks, jay for summing up.
brianmgrcom,I have had the JPS SC2 in my system along with Audioquest Midnight,Alpha-Core MI2,DH Labs T-14. The Coincident speaker cable has been the best I have tried so far.My wife has very good ears and when it comes time to make the final decision i get her to listen to see if she confirms what I hear.In all cases she liked the Coincident best . Nothing has bettered it.