opinions on Coincident vs. HT Pro9

Is anyone familiar with both of these? I was really almost sold on the HT due to the whole single crystal thing etc, but now I also keep hearing good things about the CST from people I respect. My system is CaryCD303, Cary sli80, Shearwaters. Also, does anybody know where I can try before I buy with both brands? thanks, J
jay_carlson
Wow! I got the Coincidents. Oh yeah. Beautiful wires, nicely put together, big thick spades, top notch. Anyway, 'right out of the box' as they say, they are better than my DH Labs T14, (which kept me happy for a long time, until I got better equipment where I'd hear the difference). Yup, better soundstage, dynamics, my speakers are disappearing even more now. I love it. I so look forward to hearing the sound improve over the next couple hundred hours too. Like I said, it's happily ever after from here on ;-)
Yeah I've had the CST power cords for a couple months now. One on the Cary CD303 and one on the sli80. I was amazed at how they really did improve things, but it took time! I had forgotten about them after a while, but then couldn't figure out why the sound was getting better by the week, it was great. I also plug them into a Chang 6400, which helps sonically too- but my case may be an extreme one- I have very poor, dirty, unreliable power where I live, AND there are 4 fridges, probably ~20 ceiling fans, and 12 AC units in the house I live in, so the Chang probably cleans things up a little. I'm hoping now I'll stay happy for a while and reign in my tweak fetish, maybe stick to tube rolling for a while, upgrade my CD collection.
jay, what cables were you replacing with the cst and what interconnects are you using? sorry for all the questions but i'm thinking of jumping into coincident all the way around and am collecting info.
thanks for the info.
Hi Kublakhan, I have the Total Ref. speaker cable and the IC along with the Total Eclipse speakers. I am breaking in and will be comparing wire from 47 labs OTA kit. The new Total Ref. speaker cable is much better than the original Coincident speaker cable. It is around a $1100 for an 8ft pair. I also use the FIM Gold speaker cable. While the FIM costs 4 x that of the Total Ref. it holds it's own in comparison. These two cables are night and day in there sound. I wish I could combine the srengths of both. I am not sure you can do better than Coincident for the Money. The OTA kit may change my mind. If you are interested, I will let you know how the OTA performs against the Coincident TR. and the IC. Check out what Redkiwi, Dekay and Caterham1700 have to say about the OTA kit. Redkiwi also uses the Coincident IC or used to. I believe you live in So Cal. If you do not need to bi-wire and 8ft of cable is long enough, I could loan you the TR speaker cable for a week or two.