Replacing Jumpers = Bi-wiring??

On biwirable speakers, will replacing the jumpers with a quality cable give the same improvement in performance as biwiring? I am getting conflicting advice, and would appreciate any input you might have.
Thanks!
128x128trentcanuck
My Meadowlark Kestrals came with wire jumpers(something all spkr companys should do). I have tried biwiring but somehow the wire jumpers sound better. I'm assuming the jumpers are the same as the internal wire and sonically are a match. I think biamping would be the way to go if you really want to hear a diffence. Best of luck.
Leafs, thats kind of a blanket statement don't you think? There are plenty of great sounding bi-wired designs out there also. It just depends on the design
Hi! I am using XLO Reference Type 5 bi-wire on my Apogees. I am comtemplating upgrading my XLO Reference bi-wire to a single pair of XLO Signature or even perhaps Electraglide silver speaker cables. The problem is that bi-wiring is not exactly cheap. So my personal view is buy that speaker cables and that if you can afford it later, buy another pair and go bi-wire. Maybe you will be so happy with the sound that you might not want to bi-wire.
Yo Leafs, I'm a disappointed Leafs fan. Or should I say "the pretenders". Each year dawns and we pretend the leafs are going to do it. The leafs make all the right noises and they pretend they're going to do it. But they never do. And the dance goes on but there is no stanley cup contender in Toronto and they'll have to start the rebuild. And we pretend to believe them. Cheers, bluenose
Leafs why do the many high end speakers provide bi-wire design? Single wire designs with elaborate internal crossover designs can be excellent sounding speakers, the speaker manf has decided for you that $500 single cable is better than two $250 cables, just a different design philosophy. Both approaches can produce great speakers, no need to say one is absolutely better than another.

I accept both as valid solutions, with bi-wire designs you have a choice, let the customer do it his way.