Replacing Jumpers = Bi-wiring??

On biwirable speakers, will replacing the jumpers with a quality cable give the same improvement in performance as biwiring? I am getting conflicting advice, and would appreciate any input you might have.
Thanks!
128x128trentcanuck
Trent do yourself a favor and follow the instructions in your speaker owners manual. REMOVE jumpers when bi-wiring,
that is the way your bi-wire speaker was designed with seperate treble and bass crossover circuits. Jumpers are used for single wire use only, and connect the crossovers together.

As some have stated, stock jumpers used when single wired can be replaced with short higher quality cable jumpers that may slightly improve sound, but this is not the same as bi-wiring. Bi-wiring will improve sound more than upgrading jumpers, but it is a much more expensive proceedure.

Although there is an improvement in sound with bi-wire in speakers properly designed for bi-wire, it may not be worth the extra cost to some people. Also two pairs of $250 speaker cables for bi-wire may not sound as good as a single $500 pair to you, try some from Cable Co library and see for yourself in your own system.....as I have done many times.

For simplified explanation/diagrams of bi-wiring here is one link, there are many on the internet if you search:

www.home-cinema-guide.co.uk/BiWiring%20Guide/biwire.htm
Megasam,Why are some of the best highend speakers in the market place single wire.If bi wire was what you claim why would these great sounding speakers be single wired.
BIWIRE IS THE POOR MANS ATTEMPT AT THE SONIC BENIFIT OF BI AMPING.
My Meadowlark Kestrals came with wire jumpers(something all spkr companys should do). I have tried biwiring but somehow the wire jumpers sound better. I'm assuming the jumpers are the same as the internal wire and sonically are a match. I think biamping would be the way to go if you really want to hear a diffence. Best of luck.
Leafs, thats kind of a blanket statement don't you think? There are plenty of great sounding bi-wired designs out there also. It just depends on the design