Replacing Jumpers = Bi-wiring??

On biwirable speakers, will replacing the jumpers with a quality cable give the same improvement in performance as biwiring? I am getting conflicting advice, and would appreciate any input you might have.
Thanks!
128x128trentcanuck
Hi! I have replaced my stock copper jumpers that came with my Mission speakers with 6 inch strands of speakers cables. I was using symo speaker cables and have some short lenghts left over. What I did was solder the lengths to some bananas and used it to bridge the hi/lo of the speakers. Sounded better. However, I am currently using Pure Silver Sound Pure Silver Bridge for bi-wire speakers from Mr. Frank Steele. It's made of pure silver and it sounded clearer than my D.I.Y effort.
Upgrading the stock jumpers will make an improvement, but not as much as bi-wiring in most cases. It is speaker and amplifier dependent, but the theory behind biwire is that the speaker cable resistance reduces interaction between the high and low frequencies. There are some bi-wires that use different wire for the high and low frequencies to optimize the performance to the high and low drivers.
My speakers, newform research r8-2's were always bi-wired until lasst year when I changed things and in the process found something interesting IM OWN setup. The speakers were more coherent when run with a single Good wire. I talked with Pierre at Mapleshade and bought the mapleshade ribbon jumpers. This was a huge jump. I mentioned it to John Meyer, designer of the newform ribbon and he was surprised. I also changed the red dawn for acoustic zen satori, a wire this speaker loves...it's all synergy and your results may differ. I will say the copper jumpers supplied with most speakers hinder the performance of the speaker as I have found out....cheers, Lloyd
Most supplied jumpers are crap, it cant hurt to replace them with a piece of decent cable,but bi-wiring is still better
Bi wire is not better as bluenose stated i went from double run of Audioquest midnight to single run with jumpers and then to single wire.The sound is best with single wire.Speak to a speaker MFG he will tell you where its at.There are many high end speakers that come single wire and the designers will tell you they sound best this way.
If you must jumper,use a piece of the same cable as your main speaker cable.