McIntosh transistor tuners....any good ones?

With McIntosh tuners..seems that people mainly speak of the 67,71 and 78 tube models.

Many people seem the think that other brands of transistor tuners have merit...Yamaha CT-7000, T-1, T-2..etc., and other models from Magnum, Fanfare, Sansui...and others.

So,...did McIntosh tuners that were solid state just blow it design-wise...or are they just underated/appreciated?
whatjd
Glad some else pointed out the MR 78 is solid state.Having just today sold an MR 78, I will tell you that probably the people at the tunerinfo website said it best, and I am paraphrasing "if you want a very good tuner, have the money to spend, want something that will keep and possibly appreciate in value during the time you own it, a 78 is a very good choice in a tuner". It is beautiful to look at, and very easy to use, especially for us older analog guys. Reception wise it will suck the clouds out of the sky, but I do think it could sound a little better. But at the same time, the resale value and the fact that it is a very good tuner are very good reasons to at least try one.
Thanks for the input. I had seen a model 78 on ebay some
time back, and the ad referred to it as a tube unit...thanks
for correction.
78 is the bomb,great sound and seperation,owned one and miss it today,the 80 is the same beats except the digital readout and presets.Most of the rest are fairly good I would go for a 77 or if you want AM too a 75.Only beacuse the 78 and 80 tuners are fetching big bucks like all the other 70s MAC gear.Cheers.
I just moved up to McIntosh gear from Adcom separates; and
you don't have to know anything about audio to appreciate
the difference. I bought a used MR-73 mostly because the
Pre and Amp took up most of my budget. I had the tuner
aligned and checked out by my local McIntosh service shop;
and it sounds GREAT! Lots of presence, midrange and bass
that was totally lacking with the Adcom.
A friend of mine is a host on our local FM classical
station - and when he's on the air it sounds like he's in
my living room. I do have to say that the MR-73 (which is
an older model) does not have quite as good separation of
some of the newer models. If you have the budget - look
into a MR-75, MR-77, or MR-7082.