Tuner Recommendation for New York City

I live in New York City on a low floor in a 20 floor building closely surrounded by 10 - 20 floor buildings. Can anyone suggest what I should look for in a tuner or attenna.

Specifically, I'm wondering if something like the Magnum Dylalabs 102 or 108 might be "overkill" since most stations I would listen to are close enough. Or is pulling in stations really a question for choosing an attenna?

Any comments on those two models, especially from New Yorkers, would also be appreciated. Thanks.
128x128turnaround
Post removed 
While I don't live in NYC, I do live in Chicago and expect we have similar problems. I recently upgraded to a Fanfare FT-1A from a very good Sony ES tuner. The Fanfare is much better for multipath problems and has balanced out. The balanced out was nice because it gave me something to use my standby cables that I've "outgrown" on. As always the best way to find out is to try as many as you can get your hands on in your particular dwelling. The multiple antennae sampling situation could make it more of a complex test. But, it certainly would be best to find the greatest combination that you can afford and live with prior to purchasing. Best Regards, Aaron
Thanks to everyone for their posts. I've picked up a lot of good information.

There's a lot of great stuff on the New York airwaves!