What's it worth if you sold it today?

Many people discuss what their system cost vs. list price, etc., but recent times have caused people to sell off equipment for more essential needs. I don't carry my audio equipment on my "books" as an asset that I could liquidate, but I thought about it yesterday (what I'd raise by full sell-off) vs. what I have in it. This is what I came up with:

Retail $31900

Paid $24900

Sell $16900

The Sell price will drop off fast as my system includes an expensive pre/pro, which tend to lose value quickly. Anyway, what would you get? -Kirk

kthomas
I've just figured out that the most expencive component I have is a SOFTWARE that some of that I need to liquidate on ebay or here or somewhere to get back some bucks for a new stuff to buy(maybe even components)
Lexicon DC1 paid: 5000 resell now: 1400:( (on a good day)
Anthem Amp2 1300 1000:)
CD Changer 300 $2.50 (on a good day)
Marantz DVD18 1100 600ish:(
Paradigm Ref 100s 1300 800ish:)
Monster Power LC 600:( give it away for a dirty
picture...or $350:/
Analisys+Oval 9 350ish:) 250-300ish??:)
Transparent ICs 150used:) 150:)
Marantz MA500 300ish 160ish:/
Paradigm CC 500 ?????
Rears 400 200ish:/

i like the question!!!!
Your system is worth whatever someone in this free market is willing to pay for it. I love this website because it is a great example of how the free market economy works. This free market constantly corrects itself due to the fact that equilibrium, the price at which buyers actually buy and sellers actually sell, is naturally found through our transactions.

Has anyone else ever emailed someone who lists the same item that you have listed at a lower price and complain to them? I know that it is part of the free market, but it is upsetting.
unless you bought your paradigm 100's used they sell for $2000-$2300 depending on finish.They may sell used for $1300 but probably a bit higher.Not $800 unless they're trashed.
I think the best approach is to purchase second hand or demo items. Other than my analog front end, everythimg in my syste was purchased second hand or demo, and I think I would pretty much get what I paid for it (e.g., I paid $ 4800 for my Guarneris with full warrasnty, as they were a demo pair). The Linn analog front end was still a good deal since I bought it in Europe as I moved back to the US and received the 20% VAT back. Rather than selling it to buy something else, I just upgraded the cartrdige and the subchassis last year, giving it a new lease on life. Granted, it takes longer toput together THE system you want if you need to wait for stuff to come up on Audiogon, and you may have to put up w the system being down for a couple of week as you sell a piece off to upgrade, but [atience pays off.