Transparent Cables - Worth the money?

Hi all,

I am considering a system upgrade which includes Transparent's Reference XL cables (interconnect & speaker). My current system consists of the following components:
ProAc 3.8, ML 383 & 39, Van den Hul Revelation Hybrid (BiWire) and interconnect VdH MC Gold Hybrid. Does it make any sense to upgrade to this extremely expensive cables? I am thinking modular: my following upgrade will be: Conrad-Johnson Premier 16LS, ML 33H. Any comments welcome!
koen
Hello!

I'm using Transparent Ultra Speaker cable and XLR interconnect between my BAT VK50SE and 33H's.
Considerably better than the single-ended lesser line transparent I used before on my single-ended pream and amp.
It took patience, but I made good deals here on Audiogon for my sets of Ultra. Most definately worth the $$$, especially if you can buy used.

Paul
No, they are not worth it. Transparent are just warmed over MIT's. Spend your money on better components.
I disagree,transparent cables are nothing like mit cables.I always thought they would sound the same being same design and all.But they are really totally two different cables,one could never mistaken one for the other.
I have a Transparent power cord on loan at the moment, and although I don't have any experience with their cables, I can say their power cord is excellent and would expect nothing less from their cables . Hope that
helps a little. Good luck.
I work for an ultra high end salon that sells the likes of Wilson, Martin Logan, Magnapan, Thiel, Audio Physics, Celestion, Pass Labs, Krell, Audio Research, Aragon, Theta, etc, etc...and we never had a sytem that seemed to work well with the Transparent stuff!...? We ended up droping the line for much cheeper stuff that worked better overall and made more monetary sense! It almost makes no sense to pay thousands on interconnects and speaker wire that competes with Class A components in a system for the title of most expensive piece in your sytem!!!...and didn't sound all that super special to begin with. If you need melower cables that cost a bunch, Give the MIT350 interconnects and above a try...probably sound better than the Transparent stuff in our experience. For the $, slightly more agressive cables and above would be worth a try in Harmonic Truth link or Silway (HT cables sound lighter weight in some sytems though), Cardas Golden and above (pretty hard to beat usually), Audio Quest Python's very good for $ also, or Nordost SPM Ref (Critical to sytem)...CAAABBBLEE GUYYY!!............