ET 2 Owners - feedback please

I am interested in hearing from other ET2 owners what modifications/upgrades they have tried, and which were the most productive. I have the high preasure manifold so have considered the higher output air pump, as well as the surge tank. I have also applied Marigo dots with good success. What has worked for you? In what order would you apply these upgrades? What has not worked? Please share your knowledge.
Thank you for your time, experience, and feedback in this matter.

Squidboy Whitebreath
The father of many fish
The slayer of many worms
squidboyw
I've had a stock lo-press set up which worked just fine, thanks. On the strength of that, I couldn't resist a hi-press (actually, medium in the scheme of things) set up when it swam past at the right number. It has the hi-press manifold, damping trough, Wisa pump and the big factory option accumulator. (Also, now three arm wands, which I consider a good idea if you're a cartridge junkie.)

I'm glad they were sold with suspended 'tables, 'cause I got both of my arms cheap from frustrated suspended owners who, inevitably, couldn't get them to run right. No question a nonsuspended 'table is the way to do this. Once properly set up the ET is very simple to keep in adjustment (assuming that the operator knows whatthe goal is) on a rigid 'table.

I confess I don't have experience with the damping trough, yet. I move the arm too much, since it's so easy to do with it being on a freestanding pod, and I don't want to risk getting siicone everywhere. That is a step for the near future.

Otherwise, I only assume that the "ugrade" really is one. The base version which I had for a couple of years worked just fine, and the high press version I think is on the same continuum, just further down the curve. Probably worth it, but since I didn't A : B them, I couldn't swear to it. EIthe is worth the time and money.

Peter C
Ecclectique,
what did you construct your surge tank from? I have considered using 6" pvc and pvc end-caps to make one. Any 'gotcha's' to be aware of?
Hi Squidboy. I went to walmart and bought an automotive air tank and simply changed the fittings to accomodate the air hose from the pump to the tank.Then threaded an industrial air regulator valve to regulate the air out to the tonearm.Total cost was about $45.00.Anyone using an et-2 should do this as the improvement is more than suttle on a high resolution rig.A friend did the same thing with a barbecue tank.Hope this helps. Cheers David
Elaborating on my post above, I had the surge tank sold with the Wisa pump. Don't remember the brand, but it was a green tube with white end caps. Looked great, but I ultimately found out it was leaking air THROUGH the end caps (put the ends in a pan of water and air bubbled through). Also, the Wisa pump was not doing its job. The purchaser, an ET-2 fanatic, said he had found these problems with a number of such pumps and tanks.
My previous PVC tank, which I got from previous owner, has leakage problem when high pressure from WISA engaged. My current tank, a metal one, has no leakage. I got the new one from eBay by searching for "CAMPBELL HAUSFELD".