DIY Power Cord

I know some of you posters have made your own power cords, how did they sound? Is it difficult, I'd like to try it to compare to the aftermarket cords I have so any instructions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
pops
Try the link below for a quick "DIY schematic" on a homebrew power cord from a guy that makes and sells cables. Bob was cool enough to give away the design of a very cost effective yet basic cable. Sean > http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/7885.html
This is a highly ill advised pursuit. The safety issues of trying to produce your own mains cord easily outweigh any benefit that you might perceive. I have seen equipment damaged by some of the "commercial" offerings from high-end manufacturers of mains cords. Dealers have related a number of stories of fires; I suspect that some of these are factual. This is not an area where DIY approaches should be considered. Kevin Halverson
Allthough certainly possible, I am in agreement with the eesteemed Mr Halverson (wow!) in that it could be potentially dangerous for someone who is inexperienced with electrical work. I too, have heard numerous stories of an "incident" in which an expensive cable in one of the 2 or 3 "really really expensive" cable lines that are out there almost burned down the home of a reviewer.