Interconnect integrity question

I come to all of my audio compatriots with a question I hope you all can help me with. I have been asked to do some beta testing of interconnects. At first glance, I thought it might be a good idea. I'd be testing(comparing) cables of different wire gauges, trying to provide an input in the very thin gauge versus thicker(22) guage wire argument. This whole thing has emerged on the scene VERY fast, literally in the past two weeks. I don't recall much discourse in this subject previous to this month. It seems a lot of people out here have come out of nowhere preaching the merits of miniscule wire gauge. I have previously tried very thin wire in two VERY limited auditions. I try to stay away from flavor of the month audio, relying instead on good equipment I can live with for a LONG(5 years, MINIMUM!) time. Upon further thought of this offer, I became a bit more apprehensive. The only thing I bring to this site is my opinion. My opinion is worthless without a certain measure of credibility. I feel that perhaps in entering into a relationship with a manufacturer, I lose that credibility(as some others have, at least in my mind). I have NEVER allied myself with ANY company. I do however voice support of companies I feel offer excellent sound and/or value for money. My question to all of you good people is that should I accept this offer? I may buy the cable(I am not in need of it), and give an objective critique. But I am interested in the opinions of as many of our members as possible. I am not saying, I will go with "majority rules", although your opinions will be one of the determining factors(weighing heavily) in my decision. Thank you all for your consideration.
trelja
Go for it. I do not see any harm that can come of it. If your honest with your impressions who care what others think.
I see no problem with it, so long as you're honest with your impressions. You can disclose that you've done the testing in your future posts which might relate to the items you tested, if you want to point out the conflict (did you guess I could be a lawyer?). I myself have listened to products before they were put out on the market, and have bought some of them when I was impressed with them. I haven't had opportunity to recommend them on this site, principally because they are either not yet, or are no longer, made (my speakers and interconnects); if I did, I would probably point out my involvement in their testing. I should mention that it was very educational for me to be involved in evaluating a new product--you might find the same. It's different when you're listening critically as opposed to listening for pleasure. I wound up purchasing my speakers and interconnects when I found that I was really enjoying listening to music through them (and when I could afford them).
Trelja, Why not? Those that recognize your helpfull nature should have nothing negative to say re: possible good (or bad) comments. Good luck!!!
As you're already surely aware, keep in mind that interconnects (especially) can take a VERY long time to break-in. I have some which kept changing {bright-dark-bright} causing much frustration, until I finally understood what was happening. One day I'd like them, a few days later - Yuck! I finally connected them, sourced from a tuner, into a dummy load for a month without even listening. By then they had finally settled down; I was happy & bought the two pairs. I drove my dealer nuts, but he was very patient & understanding - they had previously experienced this phenomenon. As Vantage says: remain aware that cabling is so system-dependent, that the only 'best' cable is what sounds best in your rig, and may not cut it elsewhere. I agree with Mr. Trelja that once I finally settle on something, I tend to stick with it (ex: our 28 yr. wedding anniversary is next month - wow).