Cost is no object is easy, but....

If you had a budget of $10,000 to build a single source (CD, SACD, Analog etc.) two channel system with used or new products what products would get your vote. My vote is:

BAT VKD5 ($2,000 used)
2 Harmonic Tech Pro Sil II ($500 used)
Cat SL1 MKIII ($2,000 used)
AR VT100 MKII ($2,100 used)
Cardas Neutral Reference ($400 used)
Audio Physic Vergo ($2500 used)
9 Black Diamond Racing Cones ($500 new).
delancey
Hi Delancy; it appears to me that some of your "used" prices are very optimistic, eg I think the VT100 MK II would realistically be more like $3000, and the Virgos also more expensive.>BR< I would put together a system based around a a McCormack amp Rev. A, Sonic Frontiers pre-amp, and Vand. 3A speakers. Cheers. Craig
My take on this:

I own both the VKD5 and SCD777ES, You'll have to get your priorities straight as the VKD5 smokes the 777 on redbook playback. what's it going to be, start over with SACD, or enjoy your (possibly) sizeable redbook collection.

Fortunately I'm able to keep both!

Paul
Sony never has and never will make a palyer that comes even close to the BAT.
I agree, the BAT is in a league of it's own. It was my first choice over Meridian 508.24 and Audio Research CD-2 both around the same price used. However, I thought the power cords and power conditioner with the lesser CD player would yield a better overall sound.

If you want to keep the BAT, what would you change? Maybe there is no need for power cords and line conditioning. Also, isolation with BDR could be removed. But in my experience, power source, power cords and isolation are essential for good sound.