Your Best Moment of Audio Exuberance

My girlfriend stayed home today while I drove her car (circa '98 BMW 740i with CD changing factory stereo) to a New Year's day party. While I find her 740i to be an underpowered, overweight, undersprung yuppie saloon with a screechy, bloated stereo to match, I must admit it was, nonetheless, great fun to crusie along at 80 MPH and ABSOLUTELY CRANK the Los Lobos CD that her brother gave me for Christmas. (The band was new to me -- has anyone heard "Oh Yeah" from This Time?) It almost reminded me of the good old days that got me into this insane hobby -- just being young, listening to music at high volumes and having a good old time. What setting, atmosphere, equipment or musical selection gives or reminds you of your happiest audio moments?
cwlondon
Four years ago when I got into this hobby. I made a big jump from a mass market Onkyo CD Player and Receiver to a Cambridge Audio CD6 and a used P55 amplifier. I found out what I had been missing.
Cranking Black Sabbath Volume 4 in a large basement rec room 20x30. A Mac 2100 and a C-26 running a pair of JBL C-50 S8R Olympus speakers. By the way I still don't hear very well.
Isn't it ironic that with all the modern advances and improvements most people remember sound from systems of yesteryear. Maybe that is the key to why this hobby is withering.
I had a few of these experiences. #1. A few years ago I test drove a Dodge Dakota pickup with a factory stereo. I was cruising down the highway, and Radar Love by Golden Earing came on. I never liked that song until then. It really rocked and sounded great (my own car systems have never been that great). I think it made me drive faster too! #2. The first time I played the Beatles "I'm looking through you"(Rubber Soul) through a Golden Tube preamp. It was so alive, I bought the preamp. #3. Every time I listen to Lyle Lovett's "She's already made up her mind". The low bass in phenominal, and when cranked a little, down right scary. Just my 2 cents worth.
My experience occurred ten years ago in a crowded, hot, busy high end audio shop. I was visiting the unknown store with a friend when I heard Krell reference monoblocks driving Martin Logans from a (forgotten) digital source. Even with those lousy conditions I heard a glimpse of heaven. The quality was astonishing. That peak experience introduced me to this hobby.