Impress Your Friends and Seduce Women!

I seem to have lost a very interesting thread on how to best demonstrate to laymen why we spend tens of thousands of dollars on equipment and tolerate garden hosed sized wires sprawling across Persian carpets. Has anyone thought more about this topic? A gospel (?) track with chorus sounded very nice -- sonic fireworks with musical integrity is what is required. Only audiophiles listen to Mannheim Steamroller and the Fresh Air series. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cwlondon
Now..... why was it I was drawn to this thread? Then it turned out to be about stereos or something. Damn.
Mr. London, you must get Lyle Lovett "Joshua Judges Ruth." Play track 4, sit back, marvel your friends, and seduce your women. Good luck! Charlie
I really like Lucinda Williams "Car wheels on a Gravel Road" trks #7 and #12-- very dynamic and incredible soundstaging. This is an HDCD disk and is great music. I also very much like Emmylou Harris' "Cowgirls Prayer" for its detail, softness, and great music. I think Ucmgr's post above had it right, at least for me; I now listen at lower levels-- 60-70 dB much of the time, but I also want lots of clean power to provide ease, naturalness and low level detail-- not huge SPLs. Cheers. Craig
Hi Charlie; Daughter was home last week-end with a stack of Lyle Lovett CDs. Due to her's and your influence, I've gotta have "Joshua Judges Ruth" (and maybe some others)-- don't specifically remember trk #4, but I liked the whole CD a lot. Cheers, Craig.