Stereo amplifier for a pair of passive subwoofers.

I want to drive the bass drivers on my speakers to reproduce the LFE from my Denon AVR-2805. I'm trying to find an used amplifier that can do the trick but I'm confused with so many model/brands and could not decide. Is there anything from the actual list under $400 that I can pick? Can a Hafler, B&K, Muse, Acurus, Parasound etc be a good pick? I will apreciate any help....
jahaira
Second the Parasound BUT you would not want to send the LFE channel to your main speakers. Instead you would want to set your main speakers to LARGE in the set-up menu and your subwoofer to NONE. If you do in fact have a subwoofer you could simply amplify your main speakers with something like a Parasound HCA-1000 and use the loop outputs to feed the sub a stereo signal. Assuming your sub is placed right and of decent quality you will get the desired affect.

Good luck!
I use to use a Bryston 4b with a PAradigm X-30 for my NHT SW3P and found it to be superior to the companion NHT SA-3 amp. I didn't think either crossover was that good, but the Bryston as a sub amp exhibited great control and depth while helping the SW3P produce good tone.
Both Bryston and Parasound have been well know to do well in the bass department. You'll not go wrong with either. It's all a matter of finding the good deal for you probabaly.
Especially if you're buying used, remember, Brystons come new with a 20 year TRANSFERRABLE warranty! A big plus for used buyers; and they are extremely acommodating about service/upgrades with no charge for under-warranty products.