Best Plasma sony,pioneer.Panasonic ?

Looking to purchase a 42 plasma.Reviews say panasonic is the best value.But I am looking for the best picture.Not the best value price wise.Will be using it for dvd and satillite.The two I like are the Pioneer 4340hd,and the sony KE 42XS910 {can't remove the speakers}.Anyone have some input on this,would be a great help.Thanks Mluthier.
mluthier
General perception is the Panny is the best bang for the buck, the Fujitsu is slightly better (still uses Panny glass btw) and costs significantly more.

Buy a Panny and buy an HD-DVDO and you will outperform the Fuji i think.

btw, the Runco is a Pioneer and in no way looks better than these two. Turn down the lights if you really want to see what is going on....

However, to each his own...
The issue of using the Panasonic with the HD-DVDO as an alternative to the Fujitsu has been debated on AVSforum but, so far, no one has done a side-by-side comparison and, like Keithr, is speculating.

I am quite please with my Fujitsu P50 and I save rack space by not having the external processor.
I have a Panny 42 inch plasma and consider it tops for DVDs. in dimly lit environs. However, I also agree that the Fujitsu has noticebly better PQ when viewing HD sources, particularly at the 42 inch size. For me, the money wasnt worth the difference however.

If you do go with a Panny, I recommend waiting for the 7 series to come out, which should occur within the next 2 months or so.
What ever you buy check to see if it has the DVI-D input. I just brought home my new digital cable box and it had this feature, My plasma does not. I'm wondering if an upgrade to my plasma is possible?