Best Plasma sony,pioneer.Panasonic ?

Looking to purchase a 42 plasma.Reviews say panasonic is the best value.But I am looking for the best picture.Not the best value price wise.Will be using it for dvd and satillite.The two I like are the Pioneer 4340hd,and the sony KE 42XS910 {can't remove the speakers}.Anyone have some input on this,would be a great help.Thanks Mluthier.
mluthier
If money is no object definetly Runco and please buy the 50" it's so much nicer to view than the 42".

As for myself money was a consideration after reading a bunch of reviews blah blah blah I went with the Panasonic. I've been very happy for around two years now.

If you buy the commercial version you'll get a better deal though they will warn you about all this RF that's going to screw with your system.

It was a real treat when I added my Carmen-II DVD player into the system. Progressive scan/DVI output took me to a whole new level.

Good luck!
I've never seen the Runco,but the Fujitsus are noticeably better than the Pannys and Elites, IMO. Exertfluffer's warning about the problems with artifacts, etc on processed SDTV signals is a real valid one.
i spent about 6 months looking at the various choices of 42" and 50" plasmas. did all the reasearch.....lurked at the avs forum.

i bought the Fujitsu P50XHA30WS 50" and am totally satisfied. the 42" version had the same advantages over the competition. every time i compared the Fujitsu side by side with the Pioneer, Panasonic or Sony (or even the Runco) i couldn't understand how anyone would not choose the Fujitsu.

i have it mounted on a Chief articulating arm.....excellent.

and......Fujitsu just announced rebates on all their Plasmas.....here is a link;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418624
There is a certain NEC model that is supposed to be very, very good and is quite price competitive.
Glen, I'm thinking, strongly, on a 42" Panny. Which one do you have? Which model would you recommend? I'm going with a Bravo DVD player. Like to do this in the Fall. Thanks in advance. peace, warren