Lexicon MC-1, Classe SSP-50 or Krell HTS

I am looking to purchase a used processor for around 2000, my research has led me to these 3 processors, which are all good choices, I am just asking the experts which they like better. My current set up is the Sony Progressive Scan DVD player, Revel Front speakers, B&W front and surround speakers powered by 2 Classe 150, and a Classe CAV-150. Thanks for all your insight!
Mat
biggytaz
The HTS-2 won't get the analog bypass till the 7.1 option comes out for an additional fee (around $1500) which brings the HTS-2 to around $8K. The HTS-1 is upgradeable to it as well (but not the cosmetics). The only difference currently between the HTS-1 and HTS-2 is cosmetic and the on screen display.
Thanks for all the input guys. The HTS-2 is a little out of my league (price wise). And if it sounds anything like the HTS, then I probably won't enjoy it. I never liked the sound of Krell and thought they were buggy but It has gotten alot of great reviews. Bryston is built real well, but I never cared for the sound (very bright). The Lexicon is a great processor, but so-so for 2 channel. I think I am leaning towards the Classe SSP-50 or Proceed AVP. That and I can get these units at unbelievable prices. I think these units will match much better with my existing equipment. Further thoughts?
Hi Biggytaz,

Well.. given that you have Classe amps, the Classe processor seems like the obvious choice. Perhaps the synergy between your components will be better if you say inside the family.

The HTS-2 is not buggy. The original HTS was. Krell fixed the problems with the new release. The sound of the new HTS-2 is a bit smoother than the original. While I used it, I primarily had it on 2 channel (didn't have the funds for a complete HT setup at the time) the preamp section left very little of the typical Krell signature sound but did reinforce the bass nicely.
Hey Biggytaz,

I have a B&K ref 30. Have you compared the proceed to the B&K? What sold me was the simplicity, direct pass thru for stereo and quality of the HT. I am told that all HT preamps will not compare to a seperate Pre amp for music. I just plan on picking up something like a Adcom GFP-750 (used is probably$700.00), which was an A rating in stereophile magazine. Let me know what you think!