Lexicon MC-1, Classe SSP-50 or Krell HTS

I am looking to purchase a used processor for around 2000, my research has led me to these 3 processors, which are all good choices, I am just asking the experts which they like better. My current set up is the Sony Progressive Scan DVD player, Revel Front speakers, B&W front and surround speakers powered by 2 Classe 150, and a Classe CAV-150. Thanks for all your insight!
Mat
biggytaz
If you find a Krell HTS for ~$2K, I would ask what is wrong with it... the cheapest I have seen this processor for is $3K on the used market... I just bought one new for $4K.

The Krell is a fantastic HT processor but its 2 channel doesn't match its HT performance. I use mine strictly for HT and pass its front channel outputs to an input on my preamp.

If warranty is important to you, if I remember correctly the warranty will be void on Krell if you buy it 2nd hand.
You might also consider the Myryad MDP500. Stereophile gave it an A rating, but I haven't heard it personally.
I second the Krell HTS - but recommend the HTS-2. The HTS is a fantastic product although it had some (major) problems with 2 channel audio. Krell quickly fixed the problems and released the HTS-2. The HTS-2 has separate "preamp" inputs which bypass the Krell processor.

As for warranty - all the "older" Krell HTS - KAV (the ones with the gray faceplates) have a 5 year transferable warranty. The new "silver" Krell's have a warranty which is not transferable. However, Krell builds an ultra-high quality product and is typically willing to go out of their way for the customer.

For instance - I once purchased a Krell CD player from someone on Audiogon. After I received the unit, I found it had no serial number - the serial number was also blacked out on the box. I called Krell and explained. They offered to take the unit, and re-issue a serial and do any repairs required - for free. Now.. that's service!

I expect that down the road, Krell will help owners of 2nd hand 'silver' units in a similar way.

Lexicon has bad - REALLY BAD - 2 channel audio.
The HTS-2 won't get the analog bypass till the 7.1 option comes out for an additional fee (around $1500) which brings the HTS-2 to around $8K. The HTS-1 is upgradeable to it as well (but not the cosmetics). The only difference currently between the HTS-1 and HTS-2 is cosmetic and the on screen display.
Thanks for all the input guys. The HTS-2 is a little out of my league (price wise). And if it sounds anything like the HTS, then I probably won't enjoy it. I never liked the sound of Krell and thought they were buggy but It has gotten alot of great reviews. Bryston is built real well, but I never cared for the sound (very bright). The Lexicon is a great processor, but so-so for 2 channel. I think I am leaning towards the Classe SSP-50 or Proceed AVP. That and I can get these units at unbelievable prices. I think these units will match much better with my existing equipment. Further thoughts?