ARC LS 25 MK II vs. BAT VK30SE

Has any had the opportunity to listen to either of these preamps and, if so, what were your impressions and which did you prefer? Thank you for any insight you can provide.
eg1
I was extremely impressed with the vk30Se. I heard it put into my system replacing a pass labs aleph P. Lost a tiny bit of resolution (what wouldn't!), but immediately, and amazingly changed the sonic picture from 2 to 3D. Great piece. That was with a vt100 tube amp. It didn't seem to have anything on the pass labs preamp when used with pass labs amps. I would characterize it as being very transparent for a tube amp, having great low level detail and wonderful imaging. Has the tube magic in spades.
I have the LS 25MKII. I did not do a direct comp with the BAT, but I can tell you that the LS25 is a class A+ preamp. It will not be the weak link in any system at any price in my opinion. The new J-fet input is very quiet and makes the LS25 one of the quietest tube preamps made. I particularly like the selectable gain settings on this unit. The new 6h30 tubes do their job well and are powerful as well.
I have the BAT VK-30SE and ARC Ref 2. Although the Ref 2 is a good preamp, I prefer the BAT. I can't imagine that the LS-25 would be superior to the Ref 2. If it is I would like to know about it. One complaint that I have had with ARC is that they seem to have an upgrade a month. Please get it right the first time. I believe that BAT has in the VK-30SE.
I am considering these two preamps as well. While I have auditioned the LS25 in my system I have not been able to audition the BAT VK30SE. The nearest BAT dealer to me is a 3hr drive. What are the sonic characteristics that folks who prefer the BAT feel are superior to the LS25MkII, or the latest ARC preamps in general?
I believe the 3 hours drive would be worth it. ARC's largest undoings is their design indecision and their insistance on using large amounts of feed-back. The BAT is better.