Adcom, Acurus or McCormack

I am in need of a new amp. Am familiar with Adcom and was going for the 5400 or the 5500 but have come across a good deal on an Acurus A200. How do these two compare? I really want a McCormack but don't know if I can afford at this point since I am upgrading much of my old system. My System now includes Adcom GTP 450 HK 730 twin powered amp (over 20 yrs old to be replaced) Infinity RS 5 (About 11 Yrs old w/ new surrounds) Mag CDB 650 (will be replaced after amp) Thanks for your help.
128x128artemus_5
Kennyt, your post has been very informative. I have read that the Acurus tends to be bright, but had not read anything about the lack of bass punch in the McCormack.I think I'll take your advice and try the Acurus, but if I run across a good deal on the McCormack i just may try it also. My Infinity's do carry a good bass response and may make up for the lack in the McCormack. Thanks
I have a McCormack DNA-1 with a McCormack ALD-1 pre amp both of which have been upgraded by Steve McCormack. They provide plenty of smooth bass into my Dahlquist DQM9s. You can pick up a DNA-1 in the $900.00 range and upgrade it later. The B upgrade makes a very noticeable difference in both the amp and pre-amp.
The new generation McCormack DNA-125 is an absolute best buy, read the reviews on audioreview.com and stereotimes.com. Better, listen for yourself. I had this amp for 2 months now. It is truly amazing.
McCormack vs. others mentioned? Slightly softened bass..yes. but the elusive quality that others do not possess. MUSICALITY, EARTHY VOICING,AIRY. When i upgrade to a power cord Synergistic.. IT WAS THE MOST RESPONSIVE! adcom- compressed width of stage. acurus- akin to audiolab, fast but fatiguing with high volume classical music. McCormack-(check the above configuration) AND BY THE WAY...McCormack is better of without a CHANGLIGHTSPEED. Check if it is consistent with other line conditioners.