Conrad Johnson CJ26 Sonograph Pre Amp??

Hi, Need any opinions on this remote controlled pre amp from CJ as I cannot find any reviews on it anywhere, and have the chance to buy one right now. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob
telescope_trade
I had the sc26. If you can live without a remote the pv10a IMHO sounds a lot sweeter and costs about the same new. If I remember correctly I think stereophile has reviewed both the sa-250 and sc26 together within the last year. Good luck.
I demo'd a SC-26 a couple years ago and some of the remote function were on the same frequency of my CD Player's remote, so it was useless for me. I agree that if you can live without the remote you can do better. The PV-10 is a good choice. For solid state you could get a used PV-1 or PV-2, or even a used CJ Motif preamp which is a step above the PV-1 & PV-2.
Hey, sugerbrie, I thought I was the only one. Mine would change volume,or selector half the time with remote for cd player or tv. Sometimes this happened at the same time so as it switched to an unused input, the volume would jack up. This caused some very panicked (oh my god turn the volume down!!) experiences. Luckilly I never blew anything out. Say high to the Kitty.