Replace 35" TV with something bigger

I have built a great surround sound system around my old 35" television, which works well, but is pretty small when watching widescreen DVDs. What do you suggest for a larger screen? My 19x16 room can be dimmed, but can not be made completely dark(except at night). I need to put my center channel speaker somewhere also.(currently under the 35" TV)
beam
You can pick up a brand new copy of DVD essentials at Borders for $30. All there DVD's are quite cheap.

A rear projection tv is a great idea. I have a 60" that is a little big but great for the letterbox. Letterbox movies are what made me go bigger too. I had a 32" XBR and although the picture was incredible I have never looked back.

Since were drooling and dreamimg how about the Faroudga widescreen rear projection for thirty thousand.
Perfectimage:

I happen to get my "Video Essentials" DVD on E-Bay for just under $25.00 (including shipping and handling), and bought it from a hometown guy (which makes it even sweeter). So far, I have used it twice, and let me tell you, my DVDs have never looked better after I have used "Video Essentials" to calibrate my TV. But I must say that television broadcasts look pale as hell by comparison after looking at a DVD. I have to reset my TV's controls constantly after looking at a DVD. Makes me sort of wonder, are the networks using crappy signals when they are broadcasting their shows??? I think what I must do is come up with a medium somewhere, meaning that I may have to make a note as to what my movies settings are after I use "Video Essentials", and make a note as to what settings I use when I am watching broadcast TV. That way, I can reset the TV controls to those respectable positions when I am watching DVDs or just watching TV.

And now, back to the subject of TVs. I am also in the market for a RP HDTV right now, and will continue to do so for the next year or so. The sets I am looking at though, range anywhere from 42-Inches to about 50-Inches. And I am looking at sets from Mitsubishi, Panasonic and Toshiba (with me leaning a little toward the Toshibas right now, as they seem to offer that elusive balance of picture, performance, and features at an attractive price). Those sets range anywhere from $2,000.00 to about $3,000.00. I believe that I am going to end up with a set along those parameters. But now, if I want to dream a little, then I'll be happy to take a Runco PlasmaWall PL-61cx, a 61-Inch Plasma set, for a cool $32K. Now, how's that for dreaming and drooling?? :)

Charles- You are absolutely correct. The DVD image on my Loewe Planus (16:9 dtv, 420p via internal doubler) is awesome, on TV its very dark and sometimes fuzzy as well. One advantage of the Loewe is each input has a separate memory for video parameters. Basic problem is garbage in, etc.- these high end displays appear to be very dependent on signal quality. Glad you like the Video Essentials disk. I found that the default settings on the Loewe are very close to the Video essentials settings, but that the contrast and brightness need to be goosed up somewhat.