Audio research LS25 any opinions

I have been thinking of buying an LS25 and than eventually upgrading it to the mkII version. Can anyone give me some feedback on newew AR pre amps.
jrud
As Gmorris noted, I am also in no hurry to upgrade to the latest ARC versions of the LS25 and VT100. The LS25MKI is a really nice preamp. Prior to the LS25, I owned a demo late-model Ref1. Sonically, both were very similar, with the Ref1 edging the LS25 out in soundstaging. Because they were so close sonically, I sold the Ref1, bought a used LS25, and pocketed the $difference. Regarding tubes, I have had really good success with Amperex 7308's, Siemens 7308's, Tungsram 6922's, and Mullard 6922's. Currently I am using a pair of Tungsrams and a pair of Siemens to good effect. This preamp really allows you to hear the improvements by using one 3mm Marigo white dot place at the base of each tube between the pins...much more air, blacker, more palpable mids. I know of no better cost-effectve tweak than the Marigo dots. I also found a nice improvement in performance by replacing a Synergistics Research Reference Master Coupler with a Harmonic Tech power cord.
Dem or anyone else, Did you ever compare the vt100 mark II using a great solid state preamp verses a tube preamp ? I have the pass labs aleph P which is as quiet as a passive preamp. For my phono stage I have an ARC ph3. I notice I get a wonderful tube clarity when I use the ph3. I wonder what my vt100m2 would sound like with an LS25 or ref1 in place of the pass labs.
Knowing that interpretation of sound quality is a personal thing, I'll give my 2 cents here. I owned an LS 25, considered a mark II upgrade, but then a/b compared a MArk II, against the Ref 2 and a VAC renaisance. While the Ref 2 has sonic virtues over the LS 25, even with upgraded NOS tubes, the VAC literally outpeperformed the REF 2 in all categories. I have been a long time ARC fan (still am!), but there are formidible competitors with outstanding products!
i have audio research ls-15 and iam using a classe amp right now. I am thinking of changing to the vt-100tube amp would this be a good move?
I have just had my ls25 upgraded to the mk11 version, I was using nos tubes that made an incredible difference, I have not had the chance to evaluate them side by side but so far it looks like it's going to be a tight race. I would compare the two before doing the upgrade and keep in mind you are limiting yourselves to just stock 6h30's since I don't believe anyone else makes them, I did not think about the tube limitations before I had the upgrade done. just my opinion.