Audio research LS25 any opinions

I have been thinking of buying an LS25 and than eventually upgrading it to the mkII version. Can anyone give me some feedback on newew AR pre amps.
jrud
I've got one too. Think it's great, but realized significant improvement by using different nos tubes
I too, am very happy with my VT-100 mk2 and LS-25 combo driving Watt/Puppies. Can anyone recommend best NOS tubes to try with LS-25? I am unable to afford the mk2 upgrade at the present time and would like to experiment with NOS. And also best place to purchase NOS tubes? I am running the supplied 6922's now. I Can also Highly recommend Marigo dot treatment and the Top Gun power cord for LS-25. Any suggestions on NOS tubes is much appreciated!
I agree with Blues_man's response, putting a bunch of solid state stuff in the amps and pre-amps isn't going to necessarily make them sound better, but surely different. Lets wait for some reviews and enjoy the sweet sound of the tubes we already have. ARC electronics are hands down the best sounding in the market.
I am also not in a hurry to upgrade both my LS25 and VT100 mkII. Remember, the changes may make the sound "better" technically, but less musical. To me, the bottom line is the enjoyment of the music. We will see.......