Bryston 3B-ST or 4B-ST

Does the extra power of the 4B-ST make a huge difference, are the two amps sonically similar??
miked
I will be driving a pair of Paradigm Studio 100s V2, like to listen at moderately loud levels and enjoy music with plenty of deep bass. Looks like the 4B-ST is the way to go, any other suggestions?? Thanks.
The Brustons are great. But the new kid on the block in that price range is the Marsh A400S, for $2000 at 200 wpc and more transparance, as good if not better bass control. Definitely, definitely worth auditioning. I have owned one for three months with spectacular results. Read the review in TAS.
I have owned both (3B, 3B-ST and 4B-ST)and prefer the 4B-ST. It sounds slightly better and has much greater power reserves. Also, the 4B-ST runs quieter at idle. Brystons amps are best left always running and the 3B has a fairly loud transformer 'hum' at idle. The 4B also has a hum but it is much quieter. I've owned four Bryston amps over the years (the three above & a 5B-ST)and they are a terrific value. Lastly, Bryston service is among the best in the industry and their products carry a 20 year transferable warranty.