Tube Pre-amp beneficial?

Will a tube pre-amp "warm-up" my Martin Logan SL-3s if I am running a SS amp (Sunfire)? Or, do I need tubes throughout? I am currently using an Adcom GFP-565 in bypass mode, and I would like to upgrade the pre (staying under $1000) and add a remote, any recommendations from people with similar equipment would be appreciated.
wsmatau
Post removed 
I have no experience with solid state pre-amps so I can't comment on differences in sound quality. There are a couple of disavantages to tubes. The noise floor is not as low as with solid state and the tubes have to be periodically replaced (not an insignificant cost in my case). This said, I really like the results that I am getting from my system which is comprised of a Sonic Frontiers Line 3 preamp, Bryston 4BST SS amp, and Ohm Walsh 300 speakers. If you decide to get a tube preamp then you should check out Sonic Frontier's gear. It sure provides a big bang for the buck.
A tube preamp will usually help warm up the sound. But not for some of the reasons stated on here. A tube preamp will not induce "glare" or etch the highs like SS. A tube pre-amp can be very transparent and not analytical. Some tube preamps do offer a "warmer" sound and are designed to roll off the highs. A properly designed tube preamp will add air and dimension, it won't be harsh or etched. Tube preamps are easy to design and are much simpler than SS components. Less is more in the signal path. I owned the BAT, Cary, Hovland, CJ tube amps. I currently own the Thor Audio TA-1000 linestage. It is quite expensive at $7500. But nothing comes close to its musicality. It is dynamic, smooth and refined and throws a deep soundstage. Runs very cool too. I am currently building a Cary AE-3 preamp for my son. It is a fine sounding preamp with good quality parts. The kit cost $399. You might check it out. mike
Elizabeth, That seems like a waste of money to me. Just buy the tube and always have good sound. Unless you are referring to the GTP-750 (not GFP-750) for surround sound and home theater, otherwise I'd just put it all into a good tube amp for the same price. For others, A couple of you have suggested "Rolling the tubes." I am not familiar with tubes, but I'm guessing that yoou mean to exchange stock tubes for aftermarket improvements? Please Clarify.