Sub for monster BASS!!!!!!

I know everyone likes tight bass, but has anyone ever gone to a dance club and felt that bass there? How do i get such bass, and what price are they?
shabbadoo
This is an easy one to answer... the REL Studio II. The retail price on this one is a whopping $8,000.00
NO,NO,NO!!!!The above recommendations are not better than the sub I am going to recommend.I know the sub that will do exactly what you want.It is made by a direct mail order company called Legacy. This thing is just incredible. It has two custom made 15inch woofers with over 2 linear inches of throw, and a 1000watt internal amplifier!.(You can go to their website and check it out). This week I had a buddy over, who just purchaced 3 velodynes(sp?) so that he could get that killer bass. He said that my Legacy blew his multiple subs away, and that he is going to sell all three velos at once, and get the Legacy.
ehider, i went to legacy's www to czech out the specs for this sub - there weren't any. while i'm not saying this isn't a nice sub, at $3400, i'd hope it would be.

all that said, i have no desire to unload my vmps larger subs anytime soon - here's why: i prefer having my choice of amplification - usually far better quality than what's provided w/amps that are built-in to subs. same goes for x-overs. i also want the electronics to be located *outside* the sub - way too much wibration there for me... then there's the issue of specs - czech vmps' www -

http://www.vmpsaudio.com/

i *know* the specs of these: 17hz-250hz, +0/-3db, 92db/1w/1m w/<0.5% thd, >115db @ 20hz w/<2.5% thd. here's a quote from vmps' www:

"NASA’s Langley Research Center has purchased two Larger VMPS Subwoofers as a source of 118 dB plus, 20Hz tone bursts. The Larger Subwoofer was the only commercially available system capable of so doing."

oh, then there's that price issue - i bought a pair of vmps larger subs fully optioned, a deluxe marchand xm-9 x-over, a new adcom gfa555 (purchased years ago), a used adcom gfa555 (so i could run the amps in bridged mono for ~900wpc into the 4 ohm load of the vmps), *and* tara labs i/c's & speaker cabling, & it *all* cost less than $2400...

ymmv, doug s. ;~)

Ehider, I'm sure they are good but I've been in the market for subs and I have to agree with Sedond on this one. Like Sedond I do not usually buy new, why bother when you can buy a demo amp for $1,800(new 3,600) my most recent purchase. But I've checkout the vmps website and read all that was there and I've talked with the owner and vmps sounds like they know what their doing. I was insearch of a musical sub and ht all in one. Well Sedond also owns Martin Logan speakers and they are fast and difficult to mate w/subs. So I've done the research and everyone I've talked with said the way to go was separate x-over, amp and sub...... Makes sense to me. Odin mentioned the Genesis 900, I've audition this sub and it is truely a great sub and very quick, musical and used for about $900. I've thought about the Genesis 900 used, but I have a few extra $$$ to spend and I'll go with Sedonds recommendation.... I've auditioned many to mate with the ML's. Not impressed with REL's storm III... The Genesis 900 smoked the REL Storm III and for less $$$... IMHO
Try this: More cone area + more watts = Monster Bass (as long as the woofers are in the right sized box) and if you are looking for the 'night club' sound you will want a ported/bandbass type enclosure. Also the sensetivity of the the woofers plays a role in the overall volume that the woofers will be able to reproduce. Best of luck. Tim