P. Scan DVD Players and HDTV-ready TV's

I have a Loewe HDTV-ready TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio that has built-in progressive scan. I would like to upgrade my DVD player and I've liked what I've read about Pioneer's DV37. What worries me about this player is how compatible/beneficial is a progressive scan DVD player with a HDTV-ready progressive scan TV? Is there signal degradation due to a redundancy in the progressive scan process? Is there signal degradation due to converting from digital to analog in the DVD player, then converting from anolog to digital at the TV's progressive scan processor, then converting back from digital to analog to display the picture? TV's with built-in progressive scan, 3/2 pulldown,line doubling technology offer much improved picture quality of NTSC broadcasts, I'm just wondering if these get in the way of progressive scan DVD players? Any comments or thoughts on this would be appreciated.
128x128dovetail
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi HD65857 & was disappointed with the DVD performance I rreplaced a Panasonic DVD310 with a JVC XV-D723 progressive scan player & got a noticeable improvement in performance. As an added bonus the JVC has DVD audio which I have yet to try out. For me the progressive scanning was worth the investment'
Hi Dovetail, actually I bought the DVDO as an early accessory for a projector set-up that I'm saving up for plus the fact that I got it brand new for $600. I had been wanting one for a long time and when the new model came out I jumped on it. Of course there was no way that I wasnt going to try it out on my set for the time being. (I may be dumb but I aint stupid!!!) Anyway, when I noticed that the contrast wasnt up to par with the component inputs I was already using I figured I'd try to run the DVDO though them using an RGB to component adapter and have the best of both worlds! Well you cant do that on a Loewe Arcada, wich kinda sucks because the actual picture through the Loewe/DVDO combo is EXCELLENT but the contrast/brightness is the only downfall that I notice. If the DVDO was set up with component inputs I'd buy another one and keep this one strictly for this TV! Later....
Since we've gotten into a discussion on Loewe quirks, can anyone tell me if they've tried using the RCA DTC 100 satellite/HDTV receiver with this set. I believe the RCA has a vga output, which would feed directly into the Loewe vga input. I am not happy with my sony A55 digital satellite going to the Loewe via s-video and was thinking about trying the RCA (when I got my satellite I bought the package with the elliptical dish to be ready for future upgrades).
Just got off the DVDO website and they just announced their new DVDO iscan PRO with a component input and color controls! It was dated 01/01/01 I guess I'll be putting in some more overtime at work! I dont know anyone using the RCA 100 with a Loewe but I have heard & read some good things about this receiver. The RGB to component adapter I have is the RCA unit that they produce to mate their satellite dishes to DTV"s that accept the HD signal through their component inputs. If I find something I'll give you a shout Swampwalker.