Classe or Krell

Recently upgraded my speakers to B&W N802NC, powering them with a Jeff Rowland Model 2 amp. At low listening levels the Rowland is hard to beat Transparacy, air, 3-d. At higher listening levels when I'm playing classic rock or pop the amp doesn't have the control over the big Krells, Classe. Budget is a concern upgrade amps that I'm considering are FPB200C, FPB300c, Classe CA400,CA300,CA301. What should I do? Rest of system consist of BAT VK30se, Wadia 860x cd, transparent super speaker wires + xlr int, Cobra pc on the Wadia, 3 Richard G line conditioners, Quantun symphony Pro. PLease Help? cab
128x128himiguel
Sell the Transparent cables, and replace with used MIT, and get a used Krell FPB 300 (not the new "c"). Use some of the savings for a dedicated room and ASC traps. Invest what's left over in stocks or mutual funds...or booz and hookers, heh heh.
Krell is competent, but you'll need to decide if it works well in your system. I've heard the CA400 at length via Apogee Divas and I'd have to say it was one of the worst sounding high end amps I've heard...dull and hazy.
I think Tony's comments about the Krell are true, but if that is the Krell model you are looking at, then it is only fair to compare it to the Classe Omega. I use a CA-201 and have been very happy with it. One suggestion is I would make sure you get the newer of the models. The ones that end in 1 are the newest models but some of the late model 0's are identical internally. All those revised models are a better bet in the Classe department. I would say that if you want something warmer, go with the Classe, if you want hard sound (more solid-state sounding) go with the Krell.