ROGUE AUDIO 88 AMP

Anyone get one of these lately(uhum) And what do you think? Yea,you know I mean you,(C___)
david99
Hey Carl, what is your estimate on the power output from the Rogue to your MMG's? Does it have the juice to really satisfy them? I have been considering tube power to smooth mine out but have power concerns. I was considering some of the higher powered Jolida amps( I am on a budget )but would love to listen to the Rogue.
The Rogue is an amazing amp for $1500. My vote for the best at that price. Jolida has the advantage of being integrated, but it is a different sound. Jolida is more classic tube. Rogue fits in more with the young lions of tube. It bolsters the assertion that tube and SS has been converging in sound. Rogue will drive tougher speakers, as its transformers are a significant step up from Jolida. As they say, transformers are the most important parts of a tube amp. Rogue beats Golden Tube(not sure if they actually bit the dust), but I find Quicksilver to be slightly superior(more $$$ though). To many, a good tube amp will beat a $5K SS. It all depends on whether you're a tube guy or not(I am). But Rogue doesn't compete with most $5K tube amps At that price point, they're the real deal. If you compare Rogue to VAC, Cary, Jadis, etc., it's like comparing Parasound to Mark Levinson(for a SS analogy). There IS a difference. Rogue M-120's would get the nod if you NEED the power. Again, Rogue is amazing for $1500!
Chris at Audio Gallery in Sacramento, $995 for BRAND NEW Model 88's. Jump on em, you won't be sorry! Yes, it has barely enough power (enough just the same), and since I still have my Krell, I have the best of both (that I can afford, anyway) to chose between. I didn't need to spend as much time as before, being tempted to listen to rock music at earsplitting levels anyway....Now, if I could find the right interconnects, I'd be done...
The 88 is very very good.I am serious it is one of the best under 5k amps out there.The Rogue 120 are nicer if you need a littl more power.I tried a coincident Speaker Technology CST 1 interconnect.It was superb.299.00 and it sounds better than any pther cable I have tried.
Go www.high-endaudio.com and read the recommended setion and follow the link to Coincident.If there is no dealer in your area you can buy direct from the Factory.This is the best interconnect I have heard.I have tried high end 400+ MIT Nordost,Jps,Audioquest,IXOS.To many to list.I am sure of one thing know.My interconnects dont need upgrading.Time to spend working on the Tubes in my 120.I am putting KT-90 in and am looking for sugestions to replace the 2 12AX7 and 4 12AU7.