ROGUE AUDIO 88 AMP

Anyone get one of these lately(uhum) And what do you think? Yea,you know I mean you,(C___)
david99
Had to go buy a Craftsman screw driver just to get the tiny screws off the cover. I'll let you know.
Yea Carl,they are little buggers.Don't lose one! Have you had contact with Mark O'brien yet? Remember you have to be patient with tubes.30 hours minimum and up to 200 hours for full burn in.Im sure you already knew that,Im just trying to be helpful.Mario offered me the Sonic Frontiers ST-40 for $1200.00 he said its in mint minus condition.Sure is tempting!! Would you have bought the ST-40 over the 88 if you had found one?
Gee David, that's not a deal. That's what they are brand new from Parts Connection. I would have bought a used one if I'd found one for under $550, and a used one with full upgrades for under $700. So far, the Rogue is amazing in the midrange, but somewhat lackluster in the very bottom and top octaves. I wasn't expecting that at all.....duhhh....just kidding! I guess I have quite a while before it's even burned in, but...The thing runs hotter than I thought it would, and smells like a new toaster oven. I'm gonna have to run it outdoors, to keep my airconditioning bill under $2000 this month!! And this was NOT in triode, and only fractions of a watt output (everyone was asleep at the time). I still can't believe the midrange, though. It wasn't just more "musical", it was just more resolution, with images extremely distinct and more dyanmically vital, more real, and with zero "electronic character". I've heard other tube amps in other systems, but this one beats all of them easily, in my system/room anyway. And this is with like 3 hours burn in. I could kick myself for not trying a tube amp like this one with the little Maggies before now, especially since I've had them for 4 years! The midrange is EXACTLY what they've been needing all this time. More later...
Yea,tubes have a midrange purity thats hard to beat.I love the airy soundstaging tubes give also.You know you wont gwt the bass slam you get with your Krell 250 regardless of what tube amp one gets.BUT..I feel the bass from tubes is more organic and real life sounding than solid state.IMHO But you know how BIASED I am !! Also the H.F.'s are a bit rolled off with tubes also,BUT again I feel that adds to the warmth and realism of the music.Am I biased or what??? Anyway,I am glad your off to a positive start.If you contact Mark,tell him Dave(tube rush) said hello.He is a great guy,ask him for a T-shirt!!!